The White Machine Company was established in 1944 as an accessory manufacturer for the dry cleaning and garment industries. The small two-family business grew slowly until the development of the garment storage conveyor in 1949. By 1967, White’s product line had evolved to meet the growing needs of customers outside the dry cleaning industry, resulting in management’s decision in 1975 to separate the company’s increasingly diverse operations.
From the company’s original and modest 5,000 square foot facility in Newark, White subsidiaries grew to 42,500 square feet of manufacturing and office space in Kenilworth, New Jersey. In 1984, White Machine established White Conveyors, Inc. to focus on garment related applications. Business volume increased, tax laws changed and two of the company’s original principals retired. In 1986, the Speckhart family took over the basic automated garment conveyor manufacturing and service portion of the business.
In 2004, White Conveyors completely expanded its facilities to encompass a total of 90,000 square feet. The facilities were upgraded so that White could provide customers with real-time customer support even as the functions and complexities of automated systems continue to evolve.